This plugin is meant to add the word autocomplete in search input field by using the index stored in Relevanssi database. So you have to install first Relevanssi (free or premium version) to have it to work.
The JS script used to accomplish the autocompletion work has been developed by Lea Verou and is called Awesomplete. It is very simple to set up, lightweight and accessible.
List of functionalities
- Settings available: styling, min characters typed to show the autocompletion box, max suggestions in autocompletion box.
- Get the Relevanssi Indexed words to have the autcompletion list
- Fast and lightweight
- English and french languages included
- Upload the plugin folder
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Autocomplete for Relevanssi screen to configure the plugin
- Could this plugin work without Relevanssi plugin installed?
- Is this plugin working for both free and premium Relevanssi plugin?
- Can the box also display a search results list?
No sorry. For the moment it shows up only indexed words. But maybe the results list displaying feature will be added in a future version of Autocomplete for Relevanssi… 😉
Contributors & Developers
“Autocomplete For Relevanssi” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Autocomplete For Relevanssi” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.