This plugin is designed by the WordPress experts at Bluehost, one of the world’s top WordPress providers. It was created to make migration easier and faster by only requiring you to install this plugin and follow the simple steps. Once you’ve completed your compatibility check, this plugin will create a secure copy of your website and begin the transfer to your Bluehost hosting account.
Important: You will need a Bluehost hosting account for this plugin to complete the migration. It is not intended for migrations to other hosting providers.
- Install the plugin by clicking
Add Newon the Plugins screen in your WordPress admin, then searching for «Bluehost Site Migrator».
- Activate the plugin.
- Click on the «Site Migrator» link on the left-hand menu in the WordPress admin to get started!
Contributors & Developers
“Bluehost Site Migrator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated dependencies and copy regarding compatible hosting plans.
- Additional checks for presence of required functions.
- Fix for geolocation functionality
- Adds international support
- Update a URL reference on final migration screen
- Performance improvement: Image optimization
- Security Patch: Add empty index.php file to prevent directory browsing on insecure server configurations.
- Maintenance: Update account creation URL.
- Security Patch: Update Lodash version
- Maintenance: Remove debug code
- Initial version