This plugin offers you the ability to add custom page template files to your WordPress installation without having to manage
theme folders or use a ftp client. Simply upload the custom template file you have been working on and it will be registered
with WordPress as a template option for your pages. This plugin is straight to the point and has a clean user interface using
Plugin menu is located under ‘Appearance’ menu.
Attribution: This post online and code on github by wpexplorer:
Install and activate the plugin and then find it’s options page as a submenu under the Appearance menu.
To get started, simply upload a custom page template and it should automatically be registered with WordPress, and thus it will
be an option on the ‘Edit Page’ screen under ‘Page Attributes’->’Template’ as a drop-down option.
Step By Step:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/custom-page-templates-setup/directory, or install the plugin directly
through the WordPress plugin repository (‘Plugins’->’Add New’->’Search Plugins’->’Install Now’).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Go to the option page (‘Appearance’->’Custom Page Templates’).
- Upload a custom page template php file.
- Go to the ‘Edit Page’ screen for desired page.
- Change the page template under ‘Page Attributes’->’Template’.
- Why did you make this plugin?
A friend recommended me to make this functionality into a plugin instead of incorporating it into a larger plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Page Templates Setup” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Custom Page Templates Setup” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial plugin.
- Updated code to correct php errors for when plugin is initally activated.