Reset, export, and import your WordPress Customizer settings with just one click of a button.
- Reset Customizer settings
- Export Customizer settings
- Import Customizer settings
Reset the WordPress Customizer
You have made changes in the Customizer and want to start fresh without undoing each setting individually? We’ve got you covered! Reset the WordPress Customizer with a simple click of a button.
Export & import Customizer settings
Take a snapshot and export your Customizer settings with just a click.
The Customizer Reset plugin allows you to take a snapshot and export/import your settings from directly within the WordPress Customizer. This can be useful if you want to migrate your Customizer settings to a different WordPress installation or child-theme.
This plugin should work with all WordPress themes out of the box.
It was initally created as a helper plugin for the Page Builder Framework theme. A fast & minimalistic WordPress theme designed for the new WordPress era.
If you like Customizer Reset – Export & Import, make sure to check out our other products:
- Page Builder Framework – A fast & minimalistic WordPress theme designed for the new WordPress era.
- Ultimate Dashboard – The #1 WordPress plugin to customize your WordPress dashboard and admin area.
- Better Admin Bar – The plugin to make your clients enjoy WordPress. It replaces the default admin bar to provide the best possible user experience when editing & navigating a website.
- Download the customizer-reset.zip file to your computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the
customizer-resetfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Where do I reset the WordPress Customizer?
Appearance > Reset Customizeror
Appearance > Customizeto launch the WordPress Customizer. Reset, export or import your settings from the bottom left corner of the Customizer screen.
Contributors & Developers
“Customizer Reset – Export & Import” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Customizer Reset – Export & Import” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Customizer Reset – Export & Import” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.2 February 03, 2023
- Tweak: Improved wording
1.1.5 April 19, 2022
- Tweak: Only display reset link in appearance menu if user can manage options
1.1.4 March 02, 2022
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9
- Updated description
- Fixed: Typo
1.1.3 June 20, 2020
- Fixed: Reset button is still blue on :focus
1.1.2 June 3, 2020
- Tweak: Changed reset button color to red
1.1.1 December 16, 2019
- Fixed: Fatal error on import
- Tweaked wording
1.1 December 16, 2019
- Added export/import functionality
1.0.1 December 05, 2019
- Minor tweaks & improvements
1.0 December 03, 2019
- Initial Release