This plugin will automatically transliterate permalink URLs when you save a new page or post with a title in the Cyrillic script.
Romanization presets are available for all the major languages using the Cyrillic script: Russian, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Belarussian, Serbian, Tajik, Bulgarian, Kyrgyz, Bosnian, Mongolian, and Macedonian.
The plugin can also romanize permalinks for any pre-existing posts, categories, products or other items with a title written in Cyrillic.
Only UTF-8 encoding is supported.
- Upload the package contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Review plugin settings under Settings / Cyrillic Permalinks
Contributors & Developers
“Cyrillic Permalinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Cyrillic Permalinks” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: PHP 8 compatibility
- Fix: errors in Ukrainian romanization table
- Fix: posts that have a question mark at the end of the title do not work
- Fix: WordPress 5.0 compatibility
- Fix: some letters are missed
- Feature: multiple language conversion tables (default: Russian)
- Feature: regenerate pre-existing permalinks