Did you accidentally leave the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ option enabled in your WordPress settings? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back!
We understand how it happens – when you’re deep into website development, toggling the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ option under ‘Settings > Reading’ can slip your mind. That’s where our solution comes in.
Introducing our seamless and lightweight plugin – your fail-safe for this common oversight. Once activated, our plugin ensures you’re always in the driver’s seat. You’ll receive a handy dashboard notification whenever the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ setting is still active, giving you the power to fine-tune your site’s visibility with ease. And the best part? When the setting is disabled, our plugin gracefully steps aside, allowing you to focus on what truly matters – crafting your digital masterpiece.
This isn’t just another plugin; it’s your trusty companion, especially tailored for web developers who value precision and efficiency. Take control of your site’s search engine visibility effortlessly and stay one step ahead in the digital realm.
Download and install this plugin via your WordPress dashboard. After activation, you’ll see a notification when the option ‘Discourage Search Engines’ is enabled in your settings > reading. If it’s disabled, you’ll see no notification at all.
Upload the folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
Activate the ‘Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification’ plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
-== Version 1.6 ==-
– Enhanced user notices based on ‘blog_public’ setting.
– Improved user meta handling for dismissed notices.
– Streamlined code for improved maintainability.
-== Version 1.5.2 ==-
– The admin notice is now only visible to admins.
-== Version 1.5.1 ==-
– Added a notification that your website is being indexed.
-== Version 1.4 ==-
– Some parts are rewritten for a better experience.
-== Version 1.3.2 ==-
– Changed the language text for settings-link in notification.
-== Version 1.3.1 ==-
– Fixed misplaced dot (language fix).
-== Version 1.3 ==-
– Added a link to ‘Settings > Reading’ in the dashboard notification to quickly navigate and enable indexing again.
-== Version 1.2 ==-
– Possibility to translate this plugin into your language. Are you a polyglot? Don’t hold back ;-).
-== Version 1.1 ==-
– Add settings link to ‘Settings – Reading’ to easily change the ‘discourage search engines’ option.
-== Version 1 ==-
– Release to the public / ENJOY!