Why choose this plugin?
- 404 pages not working?
- Would you like to have a custom 404 page?
- Would you like the 404 page to be a static page?
- Do you need to have a WordPress CMS page as your 404 page?
This plugin does it!
This a rebel plugin that does not use WordPress’s 404 hook. It was developed for themes or plugins that cause issues with the hook itself.
For more information see FAQ page.
- Upload files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Under Settings > 404 Settings Enter full URL of page you want the 404 page to show. Can be a html page!
- Does the response of the 404 become a 302 or 301?
No, we keep the response to 404, so that search engines know.
- Can I change the response to be a 301 or 302?
Currently not. We hope to have this in a later version.
- Any bugs?
Update to the latest version.
No reports on any bugs.
Theoretically untested bug:
* Dynamic login information may not show up on the 404 page.
Because this is untested, I am unsure if this causes an issue or not. If it does, add a support topic so I can test for you.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“HTD 404” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “HTD 404” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added more details to description
- Added screenshots to plugin
- Bug fix to allow HTTPS urls
- Fixed 500 error and timeout issue
- First release