This plugin to insert «Estimated Reading Time» at the beginning of content.
- Can choose «Minutes» or «Minutes and seconds».
- Can output in free format.
- Can switch show/hide in Home, Front page, Post, and Page.
- Support shortcode and tag.
- If you want to translate this plugin, you put ‘.po’ and ‘.mo’ in ‘languages’ directory. Japanese language file is included in this plugin.
- Upload this directory to the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open ‘Options’ -> ‘Insert Estimated Reading Time’ menu, choose your options.
- Aren’t there any translation files other than Japanese?
It does not exist yet. My mother tongue is Japanese and I can’t speak any other languages.
Contributors & Developers
“Insert Estimated Reading Time” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Insert Estimated Reading Time” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Insert Estimated Reading Time” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed setting of «Hide in …» to setting of «Show in …». (existing settings will be automatically inherited)
- Support custom post types. (available only when «content» exists)
- Fix deprecated error.
- Changed to snake case from camel case functions name. (ex. estimatedReadingTime -> estimated_reading_time)
- You can continue to use old name of function «».
- Shortcode support. Add [estimated_reading_time] to your post content. Estimated reading time is displayed regardless of the state of checkbox.
- Tag support. Add to your theme/template. Estimated reading time is displayed regardless of the state of checkbox.
- Fixed round-up process when you choose «Minutes» in «Time output».
- Added pot file in languages directory.
- First release.