Interactive longform articles, with a fading scroll effect.
- Upload the unzipped plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin via WordPress CMS
- Activate the plugin in Plugins section in WordPress CMS.
- If using WP 5.0+, disable Gutenberg Editor (see instruction below)
- Add a new post or page, and select «Interactive article» as the page template
- Create an Interactive Article (see instruction below)
- Publish article
How to disable the Gutenberg editor
Interactive Longform Articles doesn’t currently support the Gutenberg Editor. Please see your options on disabling the editor at: https://kinsta.com/blog/disable-gutenberg-wordpress-editor
How to create Interactive Articles
- There are a few optional settings you can adjust in Settings > Interactive Longform Articles:
- Enable Interactive Articles as a separate post type
- Enable the «downloads» section
- Enable iframe embedding in text editor
- Add Google Analytics Event tracking
- Adjust the progress indicator color
- A custom logo can be added by enabling Custom Logo for the theme: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/functionality/custom-logo
Header and footer
- Default header and footer can be customized by including a header.php or footer.php template in a directory named «interactive» inside the theme
- A carousel list of interactive articles can be added by using shortcode [interactive-list max=»3″]. «Max» parameter indicates the maximum amount of articles listed. Requires that featured images are set for all articles.
- WordPress 3.0 – 4.*
- WordPress 5.* with Gutenberg disabled
Contributors & Developers
“Interactive Longform Articles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Interactive Longform Articles” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.