The plugin will show your visitors their country flag, based on their IP Address. You can add it as a widget to your sidebar, using a shortcode in your post or pages or directly in your template trough template tags.
The geolocation is provided by http://www.ipgp.net
You can use [ipflag] shortcode, add it trough a widget, or directly into template with <?php echo ipgp_flag(); ?>
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the plugin files and upload them into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Appearance’ section on your admin panel, and select ‘Widgets’ submenu OR add the following shortcode to your posts and pages: [ipflag]
- Drag «Ipgp Country Flag» widget and paste it to your active sidebar, in the place you want it to appear
Do i have to change my theme to make the plugin work?
No theme changes are needed for this plugin.
You can place the plugin in your sidebar, or in a page or post using template tag [ipflag] or directly into the template with <?php echo ipgp_flag(); ?>
Contributors & Developers
“Ipgp User Country Flag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Ipgp User Country Flag” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added p html tags for flag output
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 5.3.2
- Changed to protocol relative url to prevent mixed content problems
- Fixed version number
- Created admin menu page with instructions
- Set fixed width to the flag image
- Fixed widget headers and footers display
- Updated deprecated function register_sidebar_widget
- Changed plugin description
- Tested with wordpress 4.4
- Fixed display problems of the flag
- Adapted to work with wordpress 4.1.1
- Checked and tested for wordpress 4.0.1 compatibility
- Changed from xml to json api version
- Fixed api call problems
- Added support to work with API key
- Fixed the problem showing a broken image when the country is not available
- This is the first version of the plugin