Never lose the changes you make to your style sheets in an update of the OrderStorm e-Commerce plugin. The OrderStorm eCommerce Custom Files Manager sets up a second folder called orderstorm-wordpress-e-commerce-custom that contains a duplicate set of .css files for your shopping cart. You no longer need to worry about creating a separate backup of your style sheets prior to an upgrade. By using the OrderStorm eCommerce Custom Files Manager, its done for you. After the plugin is installed, make all changes to the OrderStorm e-Commerce .css files in the Custom Files Manager plugin edit screen instead of to the .css files in the main plugin.
CAUTION: Make a backup before an upgrade.
Note: You must have the OrderStorm e-Commerce plugin installed to use this plugin.
- To change the look of your shopping cart categories and products, go to the Plugin page. Then go to OrderStorm eCommerce Files Manager plugin, click on ‘Edit’.
- The .css files controlling the appearance of the categories, subcategories and products are here. You can completely customize colors, fonts, product display, product box sizes etc.
- Make all of your style changes here, not in the .css files that came with the OrderStorm eCommerce plugin itself.
- OrderStorm will overwrite the main plugin .css files when we issue updates to the shopping cart functionality. If an orderstorm-wordpress-e-commerce-custom folder exists and your .css files are stored in this separate folder, the OrderStorm eCommerce plugin will check here first and display these files first so your changes will not be lost with an update. If no orderstorm-wordpress-e-commerce-custom folder exists, the plugin will display the default .css files. You will have to back them up manually before you update your shopping cart.
Go to the User Manual on http://www.OrderStorm.com for assistance with customizing the .css files. Look for the page, CSS Help, http://www.orderstorm.com/wordpress-ecommerce/wordpress-shopping-cart-user-manual/css-help/
From the dashboard, under Plugins, select Add New. Search for OrderStorm. Click on Install Now.
- Download the plugin .zip file.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and click on the ‘Plugins’ tab and then ‘Add New.’
- Click on ‘Upload’ near the top of the page.
- Click the ‘Choose File’ button and find the OrderStorm WordPress eCommerce Files Manager plugin .zip file. Click ‘Choose’ followed by the ‘Install Now’ button. WordPress will now upload and install your plugin.
- Once the installation of your plugin has finished click the ‘Activate Plugin’ link.
- How do I change the style sheets?
The User Manual provides complete instructions for managing your style sheets. Refer to the Table of Contents at http://www.orderstorm.com/wordpress-ecommerce/wordpress-shopping-cart-user-manual/ to find help. Note that this is not a tutorial on CSS. You must know the basics of how CSS works.
- How do I get support?
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com. Premium package users can call for phone support – see the Plans and Pricing page for information on which subscription levels come with phone support.
Contributors & Developers
“OrderStorm eCommerce Custom Files Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated the layout and styles for the Register New User template
- Updated the layout and styles for the product image and color picker of the Product Details template
- Updated the layout of the Product Categories template to allow a bigger maximum width for the products list images
- Added templates (and styles) for Register New User and Credit Card
- Changed OrderStormProductCategories.css to correct the location of no-image.png
- Changed the layout of the Product Details template and reformatted its Q&A section
- Added a magnifying glass effect when hovering over the main image of the Product Details template’s image gallery
- Modified the responsive characteristics of the Angular.js-based Categories Menu Widget
- Added a transparent 1-pixel no-image.png image file
- Modified the layout of the Product Categories template
- Added the Applications section to the Product Details template
- Updated templates for product and category pages, fixing bugs and upgrading styles and layout
- Added templates for the new Angular.js-based Categories Menu Widget
- Version bump to rollback functionality
- Corrected conditionals for presenting the product image (or image gallery) in the category page template
- Updated the template for the Automotive Applications Widget
- Added the category page and product details PHP templates, for easier customization
- Added CSS and template files for an Angular.js-based component: the Automotive Applications Widget, loaded from an OrderStorm-hosted library, allowing for easier, more efficient and configurable templating and styling of this new type of component
- Removed CSS for «text» and «textarea» inline editing of product information
- Added styles for fixing the display of categories and subcategories
- Fixed styles for products display
- Added styles for the new «product order form» functionality
- Added styles for new «Products List» product page functionality
- Corrected syntax errors in many CSS files
- Added styles for the «ships free» notice on the product details template
- Changed CSS so Product pages can now use the product name as the WordPress page title
- Added CSS for the color picker for product options
- Fixed CSS comments syntax
- Changed CSS to facilitate style inheritance from the selected theme
- Added CSS to fix the layout for product list items
- Added CSS for showing a link to an OrderStorm administration page for editing product info, for users logged in their OrderStorm administration page.
- Added CSS for supporting inline AJAX editing of product information, in each product page, for users logged in their OrderStorm administration page.
- Added CSS for product list pagination in the Product Category page
- Name change for the file
- Initial Release