A simple WordPress admin tool for inspecting rewrite rules. View a listing of all your rewrite rules, see which rewrite rules match a given URL (and the priorites they match in), or filter by different sources of rewrite rules. Perform a soft flush of your rewrite rules to regenerate them.
Originally developed for clients hosted at WordPress VIP, we thought it would be useful for development environments, etc. too. Feel free to fork the plugin in GitHub — pull requests are always welcome. Hit us with feedback, questions, bug reports, and feature requests in the GitHub issues.
Install the plugin from within WordPress
- Visit the Plugins page from your WordPress dashboard and click «Add New» at the top of the page.
- Search for «rewrite-rules-inspector» using the search bar on the right side.
- Click «Install Now» to install the plugin.
- After it’s installed, click «Activate» to activate the plugin on your site.
Install the plugin manually
- Download the plugin from WordPress.org or get the latest release from our Github Releases page.
- Unzip the downloaded archive.
- Upload the entire
rewrite-rules-inspectorfolder to your
- Visit the Plugins page from your WordPress dashboard and look for the newly installed plugin.
- Click «Activate» to activate the plugin on your site.
Contributors & Developers
“Rewrite Rules Inspector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Rewrite Rules Inspector” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Rewrite Rules Inspector” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
See the change log.