Simple Multilingual (SML) is a minamilist plugin that allows users to easily create multilingual content for WordPress websites. The main differentiator for SML is the ability to add multilingual content to your pages without having to duplicate pages and content. A simple custom delimiter will seperate the text in different languages. The appropriate text is then displayed according to the user selection on the language switcher.
You can use as many languages as you wish. RTL languages are supported. No need for language packs, or add-ons. You can translate posts, pages, media, categories, post tags, menus, and widgets.
The language is set in the plugin settings page by enserting a comma seperated list of languages that you wish to use by using ISO alpha-2 two character language codes. The order of the languages in this list must be followed throughout the site. For exemple, if you add the languages (en, fr) you will have to insert the english text and then the French text in the site content.
What the Plugin Does
❤️ Template translation and show in the correct language
Create translations for your WordPress pages without duplicating content, place language switchers where you want.
🔁 Language Switcher
Use the provided shortcode to insert language switcher Widget.
- Use flags, language name, or Dropdown list.
- Provided easy CSS styler.
👁️🗨️ Language Visibility
Allows you to show or hide every element on your website by language.
⚙️ Simple Editor
You can view all languages on the page simultaneously, no more switching between pages to translate and no more duplicate pages
- Simple translation management plugin.
- SML is a minamalist translation switcher with no bloat and unnecessary features.
- Allows users to insert as many languages as they wish on a single page without having to duplicate content.
- You can insert the language switcher where you want by simply pasting a shortcode that is provided.
- You can choose what jQuery selectors you want to be able to translate.
- You can decide what differentiator (special character) you wish to use to seperate the language text.
- You can choose from three switcher types; text, flags, or dropdown.
- The language switcher can be easily customized using our convenient CSS styler.
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer (via Plugins > Add New – search for
SML - Siple Multilingual), or extract the ZIP file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Assign languages in the plugin settings page
- Choose your language seperator
- Pick the switcher type
Contributors & Developers
“SML – Simple Multilingual – Translation & Language Switcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors