🤩 Accept credit card payments on your WordPress with Stripe using WP Simple Pay, the best Stripe payments plugin! 🚀
The Best Stripe Payment Forms and Stripe Payments Plugin for WordPress
WP Simple Pay is the best Stripe payment forms and Stripe payments plugin for WordPress that helps you quickly accept credit card payments on your WordPress site.
WP Simple Pay is a standalone Stripe payments plugin that connects Stripe with WordPress. You don’t need a complicated store setup or even need to use an ecommerce platform like WooCommerce. In just a few steps, you can be up and running in no time. Simply create a payment form and start accepting credit cards and other payment types with Stripe on your WordPress site.
Stripe Checkout is a drop-in payment flow optimized for the highest conversion. It’s built for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. It’s continuously tested and updated to offer a frictionless credit card payment experience. It’s also PCI DSS compliant and SCA-ready without any changes to your website.
✨ Stripe Credit Card Payment Processing Features
- Accept credit card payments with embeddable payment form buttons
- Integration with Stripe Checkout hosted payment forms
- Custom branding on Stripe Checkout payment forms
- Collect billing & shipping addresses in Stripe
- Support for 30+ languages, 45+ countries, and 135+ currencies in Stripe
- Apple Pay & Google Pay with Stripe Checkout
- PCI compliant & SCA-ready credit card payment forms for secure payments
- Smart fraud protection & spam prevention
- AffiliateWP integration
- Page builder integrations (Divi, Elementor)
- Developer-friendly for building custom integrations
- Pre-made payment form templates
✨ Stripe Credit Card Payment Form Features
If you need more functionality for your Stripe credit card forms, you can upgrade to WP Simple Pay Pro to get these powerful features:
- On-site payment forms (no redirect)
- Drag & drop payment form builder
- Custom payment form fields to capture additional data
- Mobile-optimized embedded & overlay payment forms
- Apple Pay & Google Pay support with custom payment forms
- Custom payment receipt emails with Stripe
- User-entered credit card amounts (great for donations)
- Coupon code management for Stripe
- Tax rate management for Stripe
- Accept ACH payments from U.S. bank accounts
- Accept alternative payments (iDEAL, Alipay, giropay, SEPA, Bancontact, Przelewy24, FPX)
- Accept recurring payments with Stripe
- One-time & recurring subscriptions with Stripe
- User-managed subscriptions with Stripe
- Send renewal reminders with Stripe
- Create installment plans with Stripe
- Charge initial setup fees with Stripe
- Offer free trials with Stripe
- Coupon duration settings
- Buy Now, Pay Later with Klarna & Afterpay/Clearpay
WP Simple Pay Pro – Stripe Payment Forms
This plugin is the lite version of the WP Simple Pay Pro plugin that comes with many payment features including custom fields, user-entered amounts, coupon codes, tax rates, recurring payments (aka subscriptions), alternate payment methods, ACH, direct debit, Buy Now Pay Later and tons more. Click here to purchase the best Stripe payment forms and Stripe payments plugin now!
By upgrading to WP Simple Pay Pro, you also get access to one-on-one help from our knowledgeable support team and our extensive documentation site.
WP Simple Pay has been a game changer for my business. There is no simpler way to accept credit card payments with Stripe on your site. We offer subscriptions with setup fees and this plugin handled these needs beautifully. Their support is unrivaled too.
Brian Casel, Founder of Audience Ops
There is a small 3% credit card fee per-transaction plus Stripe fees while using WP Simple Pay Lite. Upgrade to Pro for no added credit card form fees and priority support.
WP Simple Pay is a verified member of the Stripe partner program. This program recognizes software that meets Stripe’s strict quality requirements and provides users of WP Simple Pay and Stripe with the confidence they need to trust us both with their payment form integrations.
Below are a few examples of ways you can set up Stripe payment and credit card forms with WP Simple Pay. See our payment form templates to try them out for yourself.
💳 Payment Form Drag & Drop Builder
Drag and drop to add a custom amount entry, a coupon code field, various custom field types, subscription plan selection, a payment summary and more.
All data entered into these custom payment fields are stored as «metadata» with each Stripe payment record within your Stripe dashboard, so everything is viewable alongside all payment or subscription plan data.
💳 3 Payment Form Display Types
Select from the on-site embedded, on-site overlay, or Stripe Checkout payment form display types.
Compare them by viewing some of our payment form templates:
💳 Use Stripe Checkout Payment Form Pages
If you need only minimal payment form customizations and don’t need an overlay payment form, you can utilize Stripe’s fully-hosted checkout pages to accept credit card payments. You can set a few options when using Stripe Checkout, but when this option is selected, Stripe dictates what can and cannot be configured on the checkout page as it is served up by Stripe’s servers.
We paid developers for several hours to do what WP Simple Pay accomplished in minutes. A no-brainer investment for us.
Justin McGill, Founder of LeadFuze
💳 Allow Custom Credit Card Payment Amounts
Set a one-time credit card payment amount or let your site visitors pay what they want. Optionally specify minimum and default amounts.
💳 Add and Customize Subscription Options in Stripe
Connect a payment button to an individual Stripe plan or let your site visitors pick a plan to subscribe to. Add a custom amount option, charge a setup fee or tie into free trials.
View a few of these subscription templates:
- Opt-in to recurring subscription payments
- Allow customer or donor to enter a recurring custom amount
- Add an initial setup fee to the first payment
You can also set up installment plans to end subscriptions after a specific number of charges.
💳 Offer Discounts with Coupon Codes in Stripe
Percent or amount-off coupon codes added in your Stripe dashboard can be used in your payment forms.
Use with subscriptions or one-time payments, and optionally add a total amount label that updates real-time.
I’ve set up payment processing on over a dozen sites and it usually takes forever just to get up and running. Using WP Simple Pay I was accepting Stripe payments in no time. It’s one of the best decisions I made while launching my new product.
Mike Taber, Founder of Bluetick
💳 Add Apple Pay and Google Pay Buttons to Stripe Payment forms
Give your site visitors the option to pay using Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Microsoft Pay with a single button in your custom embedded or overlay payment forms.
Anyone with a browser and device combination that allows one of these options will see the new payment button.
💳 Accept ACH Debit Payments with Stripe
Give your U.S. customers the option to pay directly from their bank accounts with ACH debit payments and take advantage of lower fees in Stripe. ACH payments on Stripe cost 0.80%, capped at $5, with no monthly fees or verification fees.
💳 Accept Buy Now, Pay Later Payments with Klarna and Afterpay/Clearpay
With a buy now, pay later payment method enabled, your customers get more payment flexibility, allowing them to purchase what they want now and pay over time. Your business receives the full payment upfront and is protected from fraud, while your customers pay nothing or only a portion of the total upfront without fees.
💳 More Alternative Payment Methods with Stripe
Even more alternative payment methods for your credit card payment forms are supported by WP Simple Pay and Stripe. Check out these templates:
💳 Customized Payment Confirmation Details with Stripe
Easily customize the credit card payment confirmation details your customers see within the post editor using placeholder tags.
Learn more about customizable receipts to see it in action.
💳 Locale and Currency Settings in Stripe
Stripe currently supports 30+ languages, 45+ countries, and 135+ currencies. WP Simple Pay lets you set the locale (language) for your payment forms as well as the preferred currency and date formats for your site’s region.
The WP Simple Pay team has been outstanding. From technical support to feature requests to frequent product updates – the value provided has saved us thousands over building a Stripe integration ourselves.
Jon MacDonald, Founder of The Good
📧 Get Help
WP Simple Pay is backed by top-notch technical support from our globally distributed full-time support team. We also have an extensive documentation site available. If you’re looking for faster support via email, we encourage you to purchase a WP Simple Pay Pro license.
If you like our Stripe payment form plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers with the most popular conversion optimization plugin for WordPress.
- WPForms – #1 drag & drop online form builder for WordPress (trusted by 5 million sites).
- MonsterInsights – See the Stats that Matter and Grow Your Business with Confidence. Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress.
- SeedProd – Create beautiful landing pages with our powerful drag & drop landing page builder.
- WP Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin to grow traffic and social followers.
- Smash Balloon – #1 social feeds plugin for WordPress – display social media content in WordPress without code.
- AIOSEO – The original WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher in search results (trusted by over 3 million sites).
- PushEngage – Connect with visitors after they leave your website with the leading web push notification plugin.
- TrustPulse – Add real-time social proof notifications to boost your store conversions by up to 15%.
- SearchWP – The most advanced custom WordPress search plugin to improve WordPress search quality.
- AffiliateWP – The #1 affiliate management plugin for WordPress. Add a referral program to your online store
- Easy Digital Downloads – The best WordPress eCommerce plugin to sell digital products (eBooks, software, music, and more).
- Sugar Calendar – A simple event calendar plugin for WordPress that’s both easy and powerful.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Stripe Payment Forms by WP Simple Pay - Accept Credit Card Payments with Stripe
The easiest way to install WP Simple Pay is to search for it via your site’s Dashboard.
- Log in to your site’s dashboard (e.g. www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin).
- Click on the “Plugins” tab in the left panel, then click “Add New”.
- Search for “Stripe” or “WP Simple Pay” and find our plugin near the top.
- Install it by clicking the “Install Now” link.
- When installation finishes, click “Activate Plugin”.
- A new menu item “WP Simple Pay” should appear in your dashboard.
If you prefer installing manually you can download the plugin ZIP file here.
Additional documentation at docs.wpsimplepay.com.
Can I accept credit card payments on mobile?
Yes. Stripe Checkout is optimized to accept mobile credit card payments and automatically presents Apple Pay or Google Pay options when available.
Can I create multiple payment forms?
Yes. There is no limit to the number of credit card payment forms you can create, each with unique settings.
Is there a maximum amount that can be collected per payment?
No. Our Stripe credit card payment forms do not have a limit on how much money can be processed.
Do I need to purchase a Stripe payment gateway add-on?
No. WP Simple Pay connects to Stripe (and Stripe only) out of the box. No Stripe payment gateway add-on required.
Can I collect more than just payment data from my customers?
WP Simple Pay Pro allows you to insert additional custom fields in your payment forms to record extra data with each Stripe payment record.
Where can payment forms be embedded?
Payment forms are embedded via shortcodes and can be placed anywhere a shortcode can.
What are the fees for collecting payments?
Stripe has a per-transaction charge which varies by country. See Stripe’s pricing for details.
Besides Stripe’s pricing, WP Simple Pay charges an additional 3% fee for transactions processed through WP Simple Pay Lite (the free version of the plugin).
The 3% additional fee is removed by upgrading to WP Simple Pay Pro.
Can I offer coupon codes to my site visitors?
WP Simple Pay Pro provides a way to add a field to allow an amount or percentage off discount code.
Can I accept payments without leaving my website (on-site checkout)?
WP Simple Pay Pro offers on-site payment forms that ensure customers never leave your site.
Does WP Simple Pay work with WooCommerce?
No. WP Simple Pay is a standalone Stripe payments plugin and does not integrate with other payment or ecommerce plugins, such as WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
Contributors & Developers
“Stripe Payment Forms by WP Simple Pay – Accept Credit Card Payments with Stripe” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Stripe Payment Forms by WP Simple Pay – Accept Credit Card Payments with Stripe” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
Stripe Payment Forms v4.6.7 – January 24, 2023
- New «Activity & Reports» – see an overview of latest activity and filterable reports.
- New: Warn users before trashing or deleting a payment form.
- Fix: Ensure WordPress <= 5.5 compatibility.
- Dev: Update known plugin conflict list.
- Dev: Update documentation URLs.
Stripe Payment Forms v4.6.6 – January 3, 2023
- New: Support hCaptcha as a Google reCAPTCHA alternative. Configure a CAPTCHA solution in WP Simple Pay > Settings > General > Anti-Spam to help prevent spam and fraudulent payments.
- Dev: Add Lightspeed Cache to the list of possible plugin conflicts.
- Dev: Update documentation URLs.
Stripe Payment Forms v4.6.5 – December 13, 2022
- New: Add «Form Templates» submenu item to explore available payment form templates.
- New: Add clarity to the current payment mode setting in WP Simple Pay > Settings > Stripe.
- Fix: Remove 3rd party TinyMCE buttons in WP Simple Pay editors.
- Fix: Update WP Simple Pay logo in the Setup Wizard.
- Fix: Ensure sorting by Title in the payment form list works as expected.
- Fix: Ensure payment form context is used for all API calls when viewing a payment confirmation.
- Fix: Do not add unsupported application fees to Indian accounts.
Stripe Payment Forms v4.6.4 – November 9, 2022
- New: Add additional payment form templates.
- New: Payment Confirmation – add
Stripe Payment Forms v4.6.2 – October 19, 2022
- New: Add additional payment form templates.
- New: Update UI for global anti-spam settings in the form builder.