This plugin will limit access to the site. Only visitors with a cookie token will be able to access the public website. Visitors without the cookie will see a «coming soon» style of page.
You can customise the «coming soon» content, and you can change the way tokens work. Visit yoursite.com/?add_token to receive the token allowing you to see the site. To remove the limited access, simply disable this plugin.
By default, the token is «letmein». So use these links:
This plugin is useful when you’re developing your site. You can work on your live web server without having your site open to the public.
- Upload plugin to your wordpress installation plugin directory
- Activate plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Look at the configuration screen (found under
Toolsin the WordPress menu)
- You can change settings or customise your ‘coming soon’ content here.
Contributors & Developers
“Token Access” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Token Access” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: It was showing the placeholder on the wp-login.php page too.
- Rewrote plugin to meet code standards.
- Now stores custom placeholder in options table, instead of writing to a file that will be overwritten when the plugin updates.
- Using the proper WP Settings API to manage options.
- Updating versions & changelog
- Better wp-cli compatibility
- Overhaul for better use of WP functions, and more acceptable CSS rules.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Initial public release.