List your comments as opinions or views on two separate sides of the page. Twosides is exactly that: a plugin that list your opinions or views on two separate sides of the page according to the positive or negative ideology of the comment.
The basic premise is for a blog to contain a subject matter in a single post which, can instill a wave of comments that are split into two groups as responses to the single post. Pro/Con, Conservative/Progressive, Beatles/Rolling Stones, Mom/Dad, Product opinions, Positive/Negative Reviews…. endless possibilities.
Demo at http://twosides.tswdev.com
- Pro / Con styled comments
- One type goes to the left of page and the other to the right
- Set background colors for comments and opener buttons
- One button opens positive comments and the other opens negative
- You can name comments anything you want in admin panel. (pro/con, upside/downside, etc.)
- Change wording in comments count counter and buttons.
1.1.0 is a major update. If you have made any custom files or functions to the older versions you may have installed, please save them prior to updating to 1.1.0.
Also some file names have been changed. those files that got major additions will have the naming of twosides-debate-name of file; where the «debate» was added to existing file names.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
1. Upload the plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Q.: Can I change the background colors of individual boxes?
A.: There is an option in your admin page to change background colors and the border colrs of each category of comment box.
Q.: All comments are showing in one column and not two columns?
A.: Your theme may not support this plugin, due to some options generated. Try another theme or use the instructions that comes with TwoSides, or update to TwoSides Debate.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“TwoSides” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- major update
- added many new options
- removed reply thread support
- added instructions
- updated .pot file
- include shortcode directly in comments template
- deprecated contents filter
- submit button color fixed
- add margin and padding control
- add instructions FAQ
- fix comments disappear onclick
- align submit buttons
- added width control
- added padding control
- fixed margins of commetns list
- more sanity and escaping
- return not echo some functions
- esc_urls in admin files
- added doc blocks
- corrected url in admin
- made some style adjustments
- removed unused files
- cleaned code in includes folder
- made default backgrounds transparent
- updated uninstall
- synced with github for review
- sanity and escaping throughout
- initial release