Create Gutenberg Blocks for custom created shortcodes.
A clean, powerful and lightweight way to generate and include custom shortcodes with:
* HTML/PHP code.
* CSS code.
* PHP backend code for Ajax calls.
* Other resources files: images, pdfs, …
- The plugin doesn’t interfere with the wordpress database. Nothing is wrote there. Very lightweight.
- Ajax calls are secured with nonces. (https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/theme-security/using-nonces/)
- Shortcodes can be inserted in post, pages, text widgets and html widgets.
- Shortcodes can be enabled/disabled individually.
- Clean and efficient: Nothing about any saved shortcode is executed if the shortcode is not present in the current frontend page.
- Repository of already made shortcodes in the plugin page: http://shortcodescreator.com
***** WARNING ********
– Please, if you come from version less than 1.9.7 you must backup the shortcodes before upgrading the plugin and restore them after upgrade.
***** TIP ********
– Due to the flexibility of the shortcode creation, an invalid code can broke your site. If so, you can activate safe mode on a per-page basis by appending ?safe-mode=true to the URL. In this manner, it disables the execution of all the shortcodes created.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Shortcodes Blocks Creator Ultimate
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Where are the shortcodes stored ?
Shortcodes have a fixed files an directories structure under the uploads directory. All data is stored inside each shortcode directory. The name of the folder is the name of the [shortcode].
Can I request a feature ?
Yes, you can contact with me at email@example.com.
Will I lose my shortcodes if I change the theme or upgrade WordPress?
No, the shortcodes are stored in the uploads directory and they are independent of the theme and unaffected by WordPress upgrades. They will be only erased if you uninstall the plugin.
Will I lose my shortcodes if I update the plugin?
No after version 1.9.7, because they are stored in the uploads directory which only will be removed if uninstall the plugin.
If you upgrade from version less than 1.9.7 you must backup the shortcodes and restore after the upgrade.
Contributors & Developers
“Shortcodes Blocks Creator Ultimate” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
***** WARNING AGAIN ******
If you delete the plugin or upgrade from version previous 1.9.7, all shortcodes will be permanently removed. Please backup shortcodes before uninstalling the plugin.
- Fix error when using Visual Bakery Plugin for editing
- Fix error when creating new shortcode without block attributes
- WordPress 5.8 Compatible
- Avoid accesing to the shortcodes directory directly. Minor change in .htaccess
- Add Tutorial Examples on installation
- Added filepicker attribute gutenberg block
- Fixed Orphaned Shortcodes
- Fixed minor errors
- Added new tab for create a Gutenberg block for each created shortcode.
- Changed the directory where shortcodes are stored to the uploads directory. Avoiding the need of backup shortcodes when upgrading the plugin.
- Redefined categories when adding from remote
- Allow the use of shortcodes in theme
- Allow custom code in or footer
- Fix minor errors
- Fix load in correct order of the js files as dependencies of the main js code
- Fix Escape textarea in edit shortcode render
- Fixed upload plugin error
- Support for remote install of predefined shortcodes
- Added support to import/export shortcodes
- Added support to backup/restore all shortcodes
- Changed menu name
- Minor changes.
- Fixed minor errors.
- Major update.
- Changed shortcode way: [scu name=»shortcode_name»].
- First release.