This plugin creates a new blog on your server for all the posts on your site, much like http://wordpress.com/tags/
For performance reasons the number of posts is limited to a user configurable amount, and the blog itself can be made indexable by search engines or not.
- Install in your plugins directory in the usual way and network activate the plugin. There is no need to put it in mu-plugins.
- Login as a site administrator and go to Super Admin->Sitewide Tags.
- «Tags blog» defaults to «tags» but can be anything. This is the blog where your sitewide posts will live. It will be created if it doesn’t exist.
- Check «Post to main blog» to use your main blog as the tags blog.
- «Max posts» defaults to 5000. Older posts will be deleted if this threshold is broken.
- Check «Include Pages» to include both posts and pages, handy for making a sitewide search.
- «Privacy» defaults to public, pages can be indexed by search engines.
- When «Privacy» is not public, check «Non-Public Blogs» to include blogs not indexed by search engines.
- Add «Post Meta» custom fields to be copied with posts/pages.
- «Populate Posts» allows you to fill in posts from an existing blog.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- duplicate category fix
- page permalink fix
- thumbnail size filter
- Run populate feature in source blog context.
- Added resource warning for populate feature.
- Fixed PHP warnings.
- Only insert categories for published posts.
- Move SWT admin to its own screen.
- Added thumbnail support.
- Added custom taxonomy (including post formats) support.
- Update admin screens for WordPress 3.1.
- Bug fix – only push published content to the tags blog
- Added option to include pages in tags blog.
- Added option to include non search engine indexed blogs if tags blog not indexed.
- Added option for post meta to be copied with post.