An updated modification of «WP Subdomains» 0.6.9 to make subdomains for Categories, Pages and Authors without or inside Multisite.
The original description is at original plugin’s page, but you MUST also read INSTRUCTIONS sections.
Works perfectly as CDNs, likewise with W3 Total Cache, to increase performances without any additional technical problems.
- Setup main categories as subdomains
- Setup main pages as subdomains
- Setup author archives as subdomains
- Custom themes for each subdomains
- Tie pages to categories
- Contextual help screen
Read the original instructions at Original Plugin.
Read the instructions on plugins help screen on plugins backend.
- Erick Tampubolon of IGITS (Author)
- selnomeria (Commiter)
- Adam Dempsey (Contributor)
- Gilad Gafni (Contributor)
- Alex Stansfield of Casual Genius (Original Author)
- Based on the Subster Rejunevation wordpress plugin by Dax Herrera.
wp-subdomains-revisited.zipmanually or automatically
wp-subdomains-revisiteddirectory to your
- Activate the plugin
- Configure the options from the
- Configure each category from the Category Settings
- Configure each pages from the Pages Editor
See the original plugin Faq: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-subdomains/
- How to add subdomains?
Please go to your domain manager or contact your provider
- Do I have to add each subdomain manually?
You can add wildcard (A or CNAME) *.domain.com to the same installations path
- Is this plugins works with cache?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Subdomains (Revisited)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Subdomains (Revisited)” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Add i18n localization POT file
- Fix Theme Option Bug
- Fix UI Bug
- Update UI
- Add icons
- Add (Contextual) Help Screen
- Disabling Tags tied to subdomains options until further notice
- Updating WP Query
- Fix database table creations for new installation
- Updating layouts
- Adding menu icon
- Page Structures
- Adding Custom Theme options in page editor widget
- Post Canonical URL to avoid duplicate content
- Support localization
- Changing revision numbers
- Updating to work with WordPress 3.3+
see the original changelog at: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-subdomains/)