With ‘WP Twitter profile’ you can add a mini version of your twitter profile to your WordPress site as a widget.
What can this widget show:
- Your profile picture and banner image, layed out similar to the Twitter sidebar
- Your real name as it is held by Twitter and your @username
- A follow link to your profile
- The number of tweets, subscribers and subscribed for your profile
- Your recent tweets (including rich content with Twitter links for hashtags and @username, URLs and img tags for images uploaded to Twitter)
- CSS styling depending on the colour scheme used on your Twitter profile
Note: This plugin requires the use of cURL to be installed and active on the web server
- Upload the plugin files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/WP-Twitter-profile’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to ‘Appearance->Widgets’ and drag ‘Twitter profile widget’ to your desired widget area.
- Register a Twitter app via https://apps.twitter.com to gain access to an ‘API key’ and ‘Access token’
- Fill in the fields for the widget settings
- Is anything else required, other than a WordPress website?
Yes. You will also require a Twitter API key, API key secret, Access token & Access token secret from twitter.
The required details can be obtained by registering an app at https://apps.twitter.com.
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter profile widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated code for compatability with PHP7
- Fixed outdated code to allow functionality
- Adding extra options to turn off bio, follow button & stats
- Fixing missing CSS file
- Adding transient cache
- Correcting href target code
- Altering admin backend, changing target to checkbox, adding cache timeout, changing secret fields to type=password
- Initial release