Adding a callout box (like a sidebar within a post) is a cumbersome
process if you try to do it by hand. You could code a stylesheet to
handle this, but this won’t work for people who use feed readers to
read your articles.
Hence the need for this plugin. Define the styles you want to use
in the settings page, and then create a new callout box like this:
[callout title=»A demo callout.»]Callout content here.[/callout]
You can see it live at http://componentoriented.com/wordpress/insert-callout
– First release
– Fix name in readme.txt
– Fix «do not have sufficient permissions» error on admin page.
– Plugin processing reworked to use regex.
– Allow multiple callouts per post.
– Add syntax hint on edit page.
– Default a style to settings page.
– Fixed: Line breaks within a callout caused it to not be processed.
- Put the plugin folder into [wordpress_dir]/wp-content/plugins/
- Go into the WordPress admin interface and activate the plugin
- Go to the options page and configure the plugin
No questions have been asked.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Insert Callout” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors