WordPress Contact Form Builder Plugin
We believe that you shouldn’t have to hire a developer to create a WordPress contact form. That’s why we built WPForms, a drag & drop WordPress form builder that’s EASY and POWERFUL.
WPForms allows you to create beautiful contact forms, feedback form, subscription forms, payment forms, and other types of forms for your site in minutes, not hours!
At WPForms, user experience is our #1 priority. Our pre-built form templates and workflows make WPForms the most beginner friendly contact form plugin on the market.
The WPForms Challenge guides you through creating your first form in under 5 minutes. We walk you through using the form builder all the way to adding a form to a page on your site! WPForms includes integrations for popular page builders like the WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg), Classic Editor, Elementor, and Divi making the whole process seamless.
WPForms is a 100% mobile responsive contact form solution, so your contact forms will always look great on all devices (mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop).
WPForms’ contact forms are also highly optimized for web and server performance because we understand the importance of speed when it comes to SEO, marketing, and conversion. We can honestly say that WPForms is one of the fastest WordPress contact form builder plugins in the world.
This plugin is the lite version of the WPForms Pro plugin that comes with all the contact form features you will ever need including email subscription forms, multi-page contact forms, file uploads, conditional logic, payment integrations, form templates, and tons more. Click here to purchase the best premium WordPress contact form plugin now!
We took the pain out of creating contact forms and made it easy. Here’s why smart business owners, designers, and developers love WPForms, and you will too!
Drag & Drop Contact Form Builder
We were tired of the bloated and buggy contact form builder plugins. That’s why we built WPForms to adapt to your workflow and allow you to create custom contact forms in minutes. By using our easy to use drag and drop online form builder, you can easily add custom form fields, rearrange them, and basically create a complete contact form in 5 minutes or less.
But don’t just take our word. See what one of the WordPress experts are saying:
WPForms is by far the easiest form plugin to use. My clients love WPForms and it’s one of the few plugins they can use without any training. As a developer I appreciate how fast, modern, clean and extensible it is.
Bill Erickson – Expert WordPress Consultant
Pre-built Form Templates
Building contact forms in WordPress can be time consuming. Why?
Because every other WordPress contact form builder plugin requires you to build your contact form from scratch. The truth is it’s often not necessary to create a contact form completely from scratch unless you really want to.
Whether you’re looking to create a simple contact form, marketing form, request a quote form, donation form, payment order form, registration form, or a subscription form, we have a form template for you inside our contact form builder.
WPForms comes with pre-built form templates to help you save time. You can add, remove, or re-arrange fields as necessary.
Mobile Ready, SEO Friendly and Optimized for Speed
WPForms’ contact forms are 100% responsive and mobile-friendly by default. We also optimized every query on the front-end and the back-end to ensure maximum speed – Yes, WPForms is one of the fastest WordPress contact form plugin.
You can embed your contact form on any page with optimized title and description. With the speed and proper formatting, WPForms is also one of the most SEO friendly contact form plugin.
All the Fields & Features that You Need to Succeed
From star ratings to file uploads to multi-page contact forms with progress bar, we have all the fields you need.
You can easily integrate your contact forms with an email marketing service or collect payments for bookings and orders. WPForms allows you to do it all.
The best part is, you can do it all without hiring a developer.
See what one business owner has to say about WPForms’ contact form:
As a business owner, time is my most valuable asset. WPForms allow me to create smart contact forms with just a few clicks. With their pre-built form templates and the drag & drop builder, I can create a new form that works in less than 2 minutes without writing a single line of code. Well worth the investment.
David Henzel – Co-founder of MaxCDN
Surveys & Polls
Along with contact form, you can also use WPForms to create surveys and polls.
Our WordPress Survey plugin addon comes with smart survey fields including likert scale, star ratings, multiple choice, Net Promoter Score (NPS), and more, so you can create custom survey forms like Survey Monkey (without the high costs).
WPForms offer the best-in class survey reporting. You can use our interactive reports to customize the graphs, export them for your presentations, and even display the aggregate results to your users.
The best part about WPForms survey reports is that it can retroactively work on any old contact form or feedback survey contact form created with WPForms.
Thousands of businesses love WPForms surveys for creating employee feedback form, customer feedback form, online petition form, and more.
You can also use the Surveys & Polls addon to easily create a poll on your site. To save you time when creating a user poll, we have added a built-in poll forms template. Our poll feature offers real-time reports, so you can share poll results with the user immediately after they submit their vote.
Just like the contact form, you can embed your surveys and polls inside any post, page, or widget area in WordPress.
Membership and Default WordPress Forms
Aside from building simple contact forms which every WordPress site needs, WPForms also helps you create better default WordPress forms.
For example, you can use WPForms to create custom WordPress login forms and custom WordPress user registration forms which are great for membership sites.
For membership sites, you can also use WPForms to create a password-protected contact form or even a members only contact form which is restricted to logged-in users only.
Even if you’re not using a WordPress membership plugin, you can use WPForms to create membership registration forms, online RSVP forms, and other address book contact forms.
Bloggers and publishers can use our WordPress post submission forms to accept guest posts, testimonials contact form to collect testimonials, and partnership agreement forms to grow their business.
Payment Form, Donation Form, Booking Form, and More
While WPForms started out as a contact form plugin, it has evolved into a powerful custom forms solution that you can use to create a payment form, donation form, registration form, online booking form, mobile form, and basically any type of custom form you need.
WPForms integrates with PayPal, Stripe, Square, and Authorize.Net so you can easily create a credit card payment form to accept payments. If you’re using SSL, then you can use our Stripe, Square, or Authorize.Net Payment forms to accept credit card payments directly on your website. Alternatively, you can use our PayPal Commerce addon to take payments via PayPal or credit card on your forms.
Aside from simple order forms, business owners also use WPForms to create custom product purchase forms, t-shirt order forms, online booking forms, and more.
We understand that sometimes you may need to create a contact form that require a signature. WPForms comes with a signature field to collect user signature on your WordPress forms or even create custom signature forms.
You can do all of this while still using the same easy-to-use contact form builder that’s loved by over 5 million users.
I am so impressed with this plugin. I decided to give it a shot over some of the other form plugins, and I am so glad I did. It works well, is so easy to use and customize. The support is amazing on top of it all. I got the pro version because I was so pleased. Highly recommend.
Micky73 – WordPress user
Forms that are Optimized for Conversion and Results
With our Form Pages addon, you can create distraction-free custom form landing pages like Google Forms and Wufoo right inside WordPress, so you can increase conversions without the high costs (See Form Pages Demo).
To improve form completion rate, we created Conversational Forms® which helps you make your generic feedback form and other custom contact forms feel more human by adding an interactive form layout. Our conversational forms are similar to Typeform without the high subscription costs (See Conversational Forms Demo).
WPForms also has other conversion optimization features such as our smart form logic that lets you create dynamic contact forms where fields change based on user’s answer, multi-page contact forms with progress bar, and other advanced contact forms.
WPForms form analytics integration with MonsterInsights allow you to easily track your lead capture forms, newsletter signup forms, request a quote contact form, and other important forms on your site.
Easy to Customize and Extend
You can easily customize your contact forms with our section dividers, HTML blocks, and custom CSS.
If you’re using Elementor or Divi page builders our native integrations let you quickly customize the style of your forms. Embedding forms in Elementor and Divi has never been easier.
We also knew that our developer friends may want to extend simple contact forms further. That’s why WPForms come with tons of hooks and filters to create custom functionality.
Since contact forms are essential for marketing, WPForms is a must have plugin for every website!
Full WPForms Feature List
- Online Form Builder – Our powerful drag & drop contact form builder allows you to easily create WordPress contact forms and other online forms in just a few minutes without writing any code.
- 100% Responsive – Mobile Friendly contact forms.
- GDPR Friendly – Make your contact form GDPR compatible with just a few clicks.
- Form Templates – Use our pre-built form templates to save time. Never start from scratch again (see all form templates demos).
- Spam Protection – WPForms provides smart anti-spam protection out-of-the-box, plus direct integrations with hCaptcha and Google reCAPTCHA.
- Instant Form Notification – Quickly respond to incoming inquiries with our instant contact form notification system.
- Smart Form Confirmation – Show a custom success message, or redirect users to a custom thank you page.
- File Uploads – Collect files and media through your contact forms with File Uploads.
- Multi-Page Forms – Split long forms into multiple pages with progress bar to improve user experience.
- Smart Conditional Logic – Show or hide fields and contact form sections based on user behavior.
- Signature Forms – Create signature forms or add the signature field to your contact form, application form, booking form, etc.
- User Registration Forms – Create custom user registration form and custom login form in WordPress.
- Post Submissions – Collect user-submitted content in WordPress with our front-end post submission form. Great for guest posts, testimonials, business directory, listings, etc.
- Geolocation – Display location information about your users.
- Custom Captchas – Create custom captchas for your contact form.
- Surveys and Polls – Easily create surveys forms and analyze the data with interactive reports.
- Form Abandonment – Unlock more leads and grow your business with partial-form submission.
- Form Locker – Manage form permissions and add access control rules including password-protected forms, members only forms, limit contact form entry per person, close form after specific date / time, etc.
- Offline Forms – Let your visitors save their entered data offline and submit when their internet connection is restored.
- Form Landing Pages – Create «distraction-free» form landing pages to boost conversions. Great Google Forms and Wufoo alternative.
- Conversational Forms – Interactive form layout that makes your form feels more human and boost overall completion rate. Great for surveys and registration forms. Perfect Typeform alternative for WordPress without the high costs.
- Webhooks – Send form entry data to secondary tools and external services. No code required, and no need for a third party connector.
- User Journey Reporting – Discover the steps your visitors take before they submit your forms. Right in the WordPress dashboard, you can easily see the content that’s driving the most valuable form conversions.
- Save and Resume Forms – Allows your visitors to save their progress while filling in your forms. When they’re ready to continue, they can restore their entry with a click.
- PayPal Standard – Create PayPal forms to easily collect payments, donations, and online orders.
- PayPal Commerce – Easily collect payments via PayPal or credit card using our PayPal Commerce addon.
- Stripe Forms – Easily collect credit card payments, donations, and online orders with our Stripe addon.
- Square Forms – Accept payments faster, from anywhere with Square’s secure payment processing with the Square addon.
- Authorize.Net Forms – Connect your WordPress site with Authorize.Net to collect payments, donations, and online orders.
- Mailchimp Forms – Create Mailchimp newsletter signup forms in WordPress and connect with your contact form to grow your email list.
- AWeber Forms – Create AWeber newsletter signup forms in WordPress and connect with your contact form to grow your email list.
- Campaign Monitor Forms – Create Campaign Monitor newsletter signup forms in WordPress and connect with your contact form to grow your email list.
- GetResponse Forms – Create GetResponse newsletter signup forms in WordPress and connect with your contact form to grow your email list.
- Constant Contact Forms – Create Constant Contact newsletter signup forms in WordPress and connect with your contact form to grow your email list.
- Drip Forms – Create Drip newsletter signup forms in WordPress and connect with your contact form to grow your email list.
- ActiveCampaign Forms – Add contacts to your ActiveCampaign account, record events, add notes to contacts, and more.
- HubSpot Forms – Create HubSpot forms to send leads from WordPress directly to your HubSpot CRM.
- Sendinblue Forms – Create Sendinblue forms to automate your marketing and engage your subscribers.
- MailerLite Forms – Create MailerLite forms to easily add subscribers to your email marketing lists.
- Salesforce Forms – Easily send your WordPress form contacts and leads to your Salesforce CRM account.
- Zapier Addon – Connect your WordPress forms with over 5000+ apps. Route your contact form data to your favorite CRM, email marketing service, etc.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why WPForms is the best WordPress contact form plugin on the market.
Give WPForms a try.
Want to unlock more features? Upgrade to our Pro version.
WPForms® is a registered trademark of WPForms LLC. When writing about the contact form plugin by WPForms, please make sure to uppercase the initial 3 letters.
- WPForms (correct)
- WP Forms (incorrect)
- wpforms (incorrect)
- wpform (incorrect)
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers with the most popular conversion optimization plugin for WordPress.
- MonsterInsights – See the stats that matter and grow your business with confidence. The best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
- SeedProd – Create beautiful landing pages with our powerful drag & drop landing page builder.
- WP Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin to grow traffic and social followers.
- Smash Balloon – #1 social feeds plugin for WordPress – display social media content in WordPress without code.
- AIOSEO – The original WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher in search results (trusted by over 2 million sites).
- Push Engage – Connect with visitors after they leave your website with the leading web push notification plugin.
- TrustPulse – Add real-time social proof notifications to boost your store conversions by up to 15%.
- SearchWP – The most advanced custom WordPress search plugin to improve WordPress search quality.
- AffiliateWP – #1 affiliate management plugin for WordPress. Add a referral program to your online store.
- WP Simple Pay – #1 Stripe payments plugin for WordPress. Start accepting one-time or recurring payments without a shopping cart.
- Easy Digital Downloads – The best WordPress eCommerce plugin to sell digital products (eBooks, software, music, and more).
- Sugar Calendar – A simple event calendar plugin for WordPress that’s both easy and powerful.
WPForms is absolutely, positively the most beginner friendly WordPress contact form plugin on the market. It is both easy and powerful.
We took the pain out of creating online forms and made it easy. Check out all WPForms features.
Also, I’m the founder of WPBeginner, the largest WordPress resource site for beginners. It was a huge priority for me to make a WordPress contact form plugin that beginners can use without any training.
I feel that we have done that here. I hope you enjoy using WPForms.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Contact Form by WPForms - Drag & Drop Form Builder for WordPress
- Install WPForms Lite either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin)
- Activate WPForms Lite.
- Navigate to the WPForms tab at the bottom of your admin menu and click the «Add New» button to begin creating your new WordPress contact form.
- Want more features? Purchase the full version of WPForms!
Who should use WPForms?
WPForms is perfect for business owners, bloggers, designers, developers, photographers, and basically everyone else. If you want to create a custom WordPress form, then you need to use the WPForms drag & drop form builder.
Do I need to have coding skills to use WPForms?
Absolutely not. You can create and manage forms without any coding knowledge (100% drag & drop form builder). WPForms is the most beginner friendly contact form plugin on the market.
What type of WordPress forms can I build with WPForms?
WPForms drag & drop form builder combined with our addons is the most powerful WordPress contact form plugin on the market. Here are some types of WordPress forms you can create:
- Simple Contact Forms
- Job Application Contact Form
- Feedback Survey Contact Form
- Make a Suggestion Contact Form
- Change Request Forms
- Online Booking Forms
- Event Booking Form
- Video Release Forms
- PTO Request Contact Form
- Maintenance Request Contact Form
- Scholarship Application Forms
- File Download Forms
- Employment Verification Forms
- Make a Referral Contact Form
- Volunteer Registration Contact Form
- Offline Contact Form
To see a full list, visit our Form Template Gallery which has over 150+ pre-made contact form templates.
Which Form Fields Does WPForms offer?
We made WPForms form builder to be both easy and powerful.
Here are the contact form fields that comes with WPForms Form Builder (also known as Standard Fields):
- Text Field
- Paragraph Text (Textarea)
- Dropdown Field
- Multiple Choice (Radio Buttons)
- Numbers Field
- Name Field
- Email Address Field
- Number Slider Field
Here is a list of our advanced contact form builder fields (Fancy Fields):
- Smart Phone Field with international format verification
- Address Field
- Date / Time Field
- Website / URL Field
- File Upload – Great for File Upload Form
- Password Field
- Rich Text – Add a WYSIWYG field, perfect for guest blog post forms
- Layout Field – Position form fields inside columns using custom or pre-made layouts.
- Page Break Field – Great for Multi Page Contact Form with Progress Bar
- Section Divider – Great for Long Contact Forms
- HTML Field – add Custom HTML inside your form
- Entry Preview – Allow your form users to preview their form entries before they’ve submitted them
- Star Rating – Great for Survey Forms and Polls
- Hidden Field
- Questions CAPTCHA – Great for Preventing Contact Form Spam
- Math CAPTCHA – Great for Preventing Contact Form Spam
- Likert Scale – Great for Survey Forms
- Signature Field – Great for Contracts and Booking Forms
- Net Promoter Score (NPS Field) – Great for Survey Forms
- Google ReCAPTCHA – Great for Preventing Contact Form Spam
- hCAPTCHA – Great for Preventing Contact Form Spam
Here is a list of our Payment Fields that will help you create a order form, donation form, booking form, and other payment forms:
- Single Item
- Multiple Items
- Checkbox Items
- Dropdown Items
- Total (Calculation Field)
- Credit Card (Stripe, Square, and Authorize.Net)
Can I integrate WPForms with my CRM or Email Marketing Service?
You can easily send data from your contact form and other WordPress forms to your favorite CRM, email newsletter, and other marketing platforms.
Here is a list of our popular marketing integrations:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
- Salesforce CRM
Using our Zapier integration, you can easily connect WPForms with over 1000+ marketing apps including:
- PipeDrive CRM
- Google Sheets
- Active Campaign
- Zoho CRM
- Zoho Mail
- Zoho Invoice
- Agile CRM
- Infusionsoft by Keap
- Microsoft Excel
- Click Funnels
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- Capsule CRM
- Insightly CRM
- Acuity Scheduling
- Quickbooks Online
See all WPForms Zapier Integrations.
Note: WPForms was voted Zapier’s 6th fastest growing app in the world.
Can I create a Payment Form with WPForms?
Yes, WPForms is not your average contact form plugin. You can use it to create any type of form including payment forms.
We make it easy for you to accept payments using Stripe, Authorize.Net, and PayPal.
Both our Stripe and Authorize.Net integrations helps you easily accept credit card payments online.
Our PayPal integration allows you to accept PayPal payments online.
Can I Import / Export Forms with WPForms?
Yes, WPForms makes it easy to import / export your contact forms and other WordPress forms created with WPForms form builder. This is incredibly useful for developers and agencies who are building websites for clients.
You can also create custom form templates that you can use on client websites. For more see our documentation.
Aside from that, WPForms also allows you to import forms from other WordPress Contact Form plugins such as Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, and Pirate Forms.
If you’re not happy with your WordPress contact form plugin, then definitely give WPForms a try!
I’d like access to all features. How can I get them?
You can get access to more features, addons and support by upgrading to our Pro version. Purchasing a Pro license gets you access to the full version of WPForms, automatic updates, priority support, and all WPForms Addons!
Is WPForms translation ready?
Yes, WPForms has full translation and localization support via the wpforms textdomain. Based on your site language, required .mo and .po translation files will be downloaded and placed into the default WordPress languages directory. The same is true for every WPForms Addon as well.
Does WPForms include spam protection?
Yes, WPForms includes spam protection which is enabled on all forms by default in the form settings.
Additionally, Google reCAPTCHA and hCaptcha are also supported and can be set up at WPForms > Settings > CAPTCHA.
WPForms is fully compatible with all versions of Google reCAPTCHA:
- Checkbox reCAPTCHA v2
- Invisible reCAPTCHA v2
- reCAPTCHA v3
Lastly, Custom Captchas are available which allow you to create math or question based captchas for your contact forms.
Contributors & Developers
“Contact Form by WPForms – Drag & Drop Form Builder for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Contact Form by WPForms – Drag & Drop Form Builder for WordPress” has been translated into 25 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fixed: Very long field labels were not wrapped and were breaking mid-word.
- Added: All templates are now available on our new Form Templates admin page.
- Added: Form Templates can now be marked as favorite for easier access to forms inside the Form Builder.
- Added: The form fields column can now be collapsed in the Form Builder to give more space to the form preview panel.
- Changed: The DB tables row in the Site Health Info section is now private which means it’s excluded from the copied data when the «Copy site info to clipboard» button is clicked.
- Fixed: WPForms Challenge was displayed after a forms search with no result.
- Fixed: WPForms Challenge disappeared after selecting a template for the new form.
- Fixed: After a form submission a PHP warning was generated in some cases when the Akismet anti-spam protection setting was enabled.
- Fixed: Using allow/deny list was breaking input mask validation for all fields above the Email field.
- Fixed: An unusually long text string in the confirmation message caused layout problems due to overflow.
page_titlesmart tag was working inconsistently on a form preview page.
- Fixed: From Email address check in the Form Builder > Notifications was incorrectly handling domain check containing the
- Fixed: Input mask validation message didn’t use what was previously saved on the WPForms > Settings > Validation page.
- Fixed: On the Form builder, a template selection didn’t work if a page was translated through web extensions.
- Added: Form Submissions can now be checked against the Akismet API to prevent spam.
- Changed: Empty post titles and term names in Dynamic Choices are now treated the way WordPress does.
- Changed: Modern Dropdown field fuzzy search sensitivity is adjusted to display only exact matches.
- Changed: Allow typing choices in the modern Dropdown field with the Multiple Options Selection option enabled.
- Changed: WPForms Challenge experience is improved for new users.
- Changed: Lite Connect is now disabled in non-production environments.
- Changed: Lite Connect functionality improves handling of staging and cloned sites, and changed domain names.
- Changed: Unnecessary PHP packages are no longer shipped in WPForms Lite.
- Changed: Stylesheets loaded in the Form Builder and on certain plugin pages are better optimized and shrank to improve performance.
- Changed: WPForms now better integrates with the WP Mail SMTP plugin to enable overriding From Name and From Email values in existing forms.
- Changed: Form Notifications now have better validation of From Email settings.
- Changed: Start using new
elementor/widgets/registerhook introduced in Elementor 3.5.0.
- Changed: Updated DOMPurify library to 2.3.10.
- Changed: Updated jquery.validate library to 1.19.5.
- Fixed: Improved compatibility with Twenty Twenty-Two theme.
- Fixed: Added meaningful
alttext to form submission spinner image to stop being flagged by certain SEO scanners.
- Fixed: Constant Contact Authorization Code and Account Nickname fields are now required on the Settings > Integrations page.
- Fixed: Constant Contact connection can now be added even if the Authorization Code is invalid.
- Fixed: Validation of required fields on Marketing section in the Form Builder was triggered even if the field is hidden.
- Fixed: Action Scheduler was triggering a PHP fatal error on the Tools > Scheduled Actions page on PHP 5.6.
- Fixed: Images breaking out of containers on smaller screens if Multiple Choice and Checkboxes fields were set to use image choices.
query_varsmart tag was not working in Confirmations and Notifications.
- Fixed: Custom templates had an incorrect badge, «Addon» instead of «Custom».
- Fixed: The Confirmation Message label overlapped the editor when WYSIWYG mode was disabled.
- Fixed: Default form title was not changed when switching form templates.
- Fixed: Both
page_idsmart tags were returning incorrect values on non-singular pages if the form was used outside the Loop.
- Fixed: WPForms Block preview (on block hover) was rendered incorrectly in Site Editor.
- Fixed: Custom validation errors were not displayed with hCaptcha enabled upon AJAX form submission.
- Fixed: Validation errors were not shown when the field with an input mask was not fully filled.
- Fixed: Smart Tags could be added to Sender Email and Sender Name if the fields were managed by the WP Mail SMTP plugin.
- Fixed: The Confirmation message block had incorrect margins in the Twenty Twenty-Two theme.
- Fixed: Occasional errors during migration were fixed when upgrading from some older versions of WPForms.
- Fixed: The Confirmation Redirect URL can no longer be saved with an empty value.
- Fixed: Default choices were displayed on the frontend if a Dynamic Choices source had no objects (Dropdown, Multiple Choice, and Checkboxes fields were affected).
- Fixed: Migrations logic was broken in certain cases when addons have their own migrations.
- Fixed: Security-related improvements around email generation for notifications.
- Added: New filter to modify CSS classes of the form submit button on the frontend.
- Changed: Improve cached templates handling in the Form Builder.
- Fixed: Retrieving a current URL should not strip a custom port.
- Fixed: Do not cache an incorrect or empty response from the Templates API.
- Fixed: Increase chances for the templates inside the Form Builder to load properly, so occasional empty form creation from a template should be gone.
- Fixed: PHP fatal error was generated in some cases when Lite Connect attempted to generate site key too many times.
- Fixed: v1.7.5 migration did not complete when a database prefix other than
- Fixed: Incorrect Form Tags links to filter by tags were generated right after saving tags.
- Added: Form Tags: add tags to forms with an ability to filter by them; bulk add/edit/delete tags for multiple forms.
- Added: Display the status of the Lite Connect setting and the date-time when it was enabled (Tools > System Info).
- Added: New
- Changed: The sodium library is now included in WordPress core, so we removed it from the plugin.
- Changed: Action Scheduler library was updated to 3.4.2 to fix deprecation notices with PHP 8.1.
- Changed: The jquery.validate library updated to 1.19.4.
- Changed: Conditional logic can now be applied to custom fields.
- Changed: Do not allow not completed Challenge to appear in the regular Form Builder.
- Fixed: For some fields, their default values were not always previewed in the Form Builder.
- Fixed: Regularly clean up additional information we store for each task we run within the plugin.
- Fixed: No fatal error anymore in Allow/Deny email lists with very long or international emails.
- Fixed: Correctly handle additional CSS classes for each WPForms block on the same page (Block Editor).
- Fixed: Modals order was incorrect when the Lite Connect feature was enabled or disabled on mobile.
- Fixed: Notification for the last step of the WPForms Challenge was not displayed on the Posts Page with the Gutenberg plugin.
- Fixed: Some Form Templates could be empty upon fresh installation.
- Fixed: Several minor issues in the Challenge flow are now fixed.
- Fixed: Color Palette was not shown in the Form Builder for duplicated fields.
- Fixed: Do not register Gutenberg block styles on the front end when no form is present on a page.
- Fixed: Limit the number of attempts to get the site key in Lite Connect.
- Fixed: Multiple Items (Radio) choice showed «Empty» on a single entry page if a selected choice value is undefined/empty.
- Fixed: Added focus state indication for admin tabs.
- Fixed: GDPR sub-settings remained enabled if GDPR is disabled and sub-setting was left enabled.
- Fixed: Duplicate/Trash form actions did not work after sorting forms by Name, Author, or Created Date.
- Fixed: Notices appeared in the debug.log when the user created a Custom Template and used it in the Form Builder.
- Fixed: hCaptcha pointer had a weird thick dark border since WordPress 6.0.
- Fixed: Check GDPR settings before trying to use a cookie.
- Changed: DOMPurify library updated to 2.3.8.
- Fixed: WordPress 6.0 compatibility – WPForms block styling fixed inside the Full Site Editor.
- Fixed: Lite Connect: submitted form entries counting improved.
- Fixed: LiteConnect auth key request didn’t work with plain permalinks and with subdirectory install.
- Fixed: Form Locations compatibility with the Full Site Editor template parts.
- Added: Form Locations! On the Forms Overview page easily check all places where each form is currently embedded.
- Added: Back up form submissions into the cloud and restore them to your database as Entries after upgrading to a paid plan.
- Changed: Improved text wrapping of field labels and descriptions.
- Changed: Each smart tag inserted by a user in the Form Builder will now be placed as the last one in relevant inputs.
- Changed: The input field in the Form Embed wizard popup in the Form Builder is now focused by default.
- Changed: Updated DOMPurify lib to 2.3.6.
- Fixed: Search result was not reset when the user clicked «x» sign in the search field on the Addons page.
- Fixed: The form could be saved while still adding a field, but it should not.
- Fixed: Improved compatibility with Elementor popups.
- Fixed: Cleaned up deprecation notice for
_register_controls()with recent Elementor versions.
- IMPORTANT: Support for PHP 5.5 has been discontinued. If you are running PHP 5.5, you MUST upgrade PHP before installing WPForms 1.7.3. Failure to do that will disable WPForms core functionality.
- IMPORTANT: Support for WordPress 5.1 has been discontinued. If you are running WordPress 5.1, you MUST upgrade WordPress before installing WPForms 1.7.3. Failure to do that will disable WPForms core functionality.
- Added: Forms now can be moved to Trash and restored on the Forms Overview page.
- Added: Forms now support Revisions with new UI and ability to switch between them.
- Added: Form Template Export selection on the Tools > Export page now supports search.
- Changed: Improved support for WordPress Core UI colors and admin themes in the admin notifications panel.
- Changed: Improved submitted email field value validation (take into account real-world usage and RFC information).
- Changed: Updated Action Scheduler library to 3.4.0.
- Changed: Hide Sub-Labels option should be hidden for some formats in the Name field.
- Changed: Improved performance of Action Scheduler tasks.
- Changed: Drop jQuery matchHeight library in favor of a CSS solution.
- Changed: Unified and improved modals across all plugin pages and the Form Builder.
- Changed: Forms now can be deleted when the user who created them is deleted.
- Fixed: Long field titles didn’t wrap within the field container.
- Fixed: Stuck on loading the Form Builder when switching to a new form template with unsaved changes and dismissing the native browser prompt.
- Fixed: Buttons had no spacing when the Embed button is not available for a user without the capability to edit pages and/or posts.
- Fixed: Incorrect position of the notification counter in the admin bar when a notification was dismissed.
- Fixed: Make the form Submit button disabled all the time after the submit action when AJAX form submission or confirmation redirect are enabled.
- Fixed: Toggle control labels did not have a hand cursor.
- Fixed: The dropdown list was shown partially when located at the end of the form in the Twenty Twenty theme.
- Fixed: Multiple selected options in the Classic Dropdown field didn’t have a visual active state.
- Fixed: Deprecation notice when processing smart tags.
- Fixed: PHP notice generated when email notifications were sent.
- Fixed: «Did You Know» block now always spaned across all columns.
- Fixed: Validation error if an email was not required and left empty.
- Fixed: Email field validation failed with long and invalid emails.
- Fixed: Import from other plugins.
- Fixed: Compatibility with PHP 8.1.
- Fixed: Compatibility with PHP 8.0 and PHP 8.1.
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress 5.9, including its new Full Site Editing feature.
- Fixed: Broken cache directory path if
WP_CONTENT_DIRis set in the
wp-config.phpwithout trailing slash.
- Fixed: PHP Notice when using the
wpforms_log()function in certain conditions.
- Fixed: Type mismatch brakes a list of scheduled actions in Action Scheduler if typed arguments are passed.
- Added: Search by form name and description is available on the Forms Overview page.
- Added: New «Author» column in the Forms Overview table to display a name of a person who created the form.
- Changed: Adjusted an error message for the Locked Field modal when attempting to delete required form fields.
- Changed: Hide image choice style options if image choices are not enabled.
- Changed: Improved sanitization for Page and Form IDs in Form embed wizard popup.
- Changed: Adjusted Weekly Summary email text for Lite users.
- Changed: Updated the WPForms > About Us page.
- Changed: Updated jQuery inputmask lib to 5.0.7-beta29.
- Changed: Updated DOMPurify lib to 2.3.4.
- Fixed: Missing search docs in the Form Builder Help.
- Fixed: Display empty table instead of empty state screen for Unread (0), Starred (0), Abandoned (0), etc., views.
- Fixed: Media modal ‘Actions’ menu was missing when using the Divi Builder.
- Fixed: PHP notice was generated on a form preview if a page template is changed.
- Fixed: Correctly handle the legacy widget options (show/hide form title and description) on the front-end.
- Fixed: If a form with configured Google reCAPTCHA v3 is submitted after 2 minutes, there was an error «Google reCAPTCHA verification failed, please try again later.»
- Fixed: Better compatibility for From Name and From Email fields in the Form Builder > Notifications screen when the WP Mail SMTP plugin forces those values.
- Fixed: PHP warning occurred when the
%symbol is used inside some Form Builder settings.
- Fixed: Form Preview didn’t work properly on the upcoming Twenty Twenty-Two theme.
- Fixed: PHP timeout occurred in the Form Builder when large multi-level term taxonomies were used as dynamic choices for Checkboxes/Multiple Choices/Dropdown fields.
- Fixed: PHP fatal error generated in some cases when Site Health information was displayed.
- Fixed: WP.com VIP clients used to have caching issues with external data.
- Fixed: WooCommerce product import (CSV) to update existing products wasn’t updating product images while WPForms was active.
- Fixed: Form couldn’t be submitted on the Lite version of the plugin when it contained the Page Break field from the paid version.
- Fixed: Edge case when form tokens (anti-spam protection) failed verification at certain time of a new day.
- Changed: Improved translations by removing confusion if non-translatable placeholders are used.
- Changed: Improved support for WordPress Core UI colors and admin themes in the admin bar menu.
- Changed: Improved display of empty and hidden field labels in Form Builder preview.
- Changed: Field helper notification in the Form Builder now can be dismissed.
- Changed: Improved and standardized look of classic and modern Dropdown field across Form Builder, admin area, and frontend.
- Fixed: Strip slashes from Paragraph Text field when the value is dynamically populated.
- Fixed: SMTP settings page linked to Setup Wizard even when SMTP settings are already configured.
- Fixed: Notifications count in the admin bar is misaligned.
- Fixed: Field helper notification in the Form Builder overlaps and blocks Duplicate and Delete actions when hovered.
- Fixed: Non-latin (Punycode) email addresses are not converted for display in email suggestion hints.
- Added: Uncanny Automator integration.
- Changed: Updated jQuery Validation library to v1.9.3.
- Fixed: Incorrect handling of language files downloads when the plugin is activated, or site language is changed.
- Fixed: Alignment for admin notification counter.
- Fixed: Embedded forms into global sidebar report about an error in the Divi page builder.
- Fixed: Change settings were not applied for a Duplicated Modern Dropdown field.
- Fixed: Form fields not displaying full width on mobile devices with Base form styling selected.